Thursday 28 June 2012

Jelly Sammich!

Hola! I'm really excited about today's nails, it marks my first ever successful JELLY SANDWICH! I'm going away for the weekend and don't want to bring much with me (last trip I brought nine polishes..). I wanted something awesome that I wouldn't get tired of and want to change after a day, so I attempted a glitter jelly sandwich. I love how this turned out! The glitter went really matte and I think it's a fun look to wear.

Here are two coats of OPI Alpine Snow with a thin layer of Nicole by OPI Rainbow In The S-Kylie. The glitter was too dense for the look I was going for so I had to be really careful with the application. Probably the only time I'll ever complain about too much glitter in a polish!


And here it is jellified on the other hand! I covered it with two coats of OPI Bubble Bath. I think it looks a little more pink in real life. I'd love to try this with a sheer lavender jelly instead of pink next time, but I'm not sure that I have one in my stash.

For an accent nail I tried a neon splatter mani that I saw on The PolishAholic's blog. I was originally going to do that on every finger, but my straw was too big and I ended up huffing and puffing like crazy with hardly any result. So here it is as an accent nail, I used some China Glaze neons for it.



 I broke my middle fingernail on the bottom of the pool yesterday, bleh. 


Hope everyone has a great weekend, I know I will!




No comments:

Post a Comment