Thursday 21 June 2012

Maybelline Color Show vs OPI

Yesterday I went to Walmart and picked up some Color Show polishes for $3 CND each. They reminded me of some OPIs I already own so I decided to do a comparison and see if these cheap polishes were duplicates of the more expensive ones from OPI.

Here are two coats of OPI Do You Lilac It? and Color Show Iced Queen. Both periwinkle purpley colors, the OPI is just a shade lighter but pretty streaky to apply. Iced Queen was easier to apply and I think my favourite color of the two. 


I dunno what I was thinking with this one, these colors aren't even close. OPI Did It On 'Em leans a lot more towards yellow and Color Show Go Go Green is a medium grassy green. Either way, the Color Show polish wins for me just because Did It On 'Em is a nightmare to apply. It manages to be too thick but also pools at the cuticles. Bummer cause I love that kind of ugly-pretty color.


Last is OPI Dating A Royal and Color Show Sapphire Siren. These are a lot less similar than I thought they would be, actually. Both have great formulas and covered fine in two coats. 


Conclusion: Color Show polishes are great. Good formula, good colors. I feel like Dating A Royal and Do You Lilac It? are worth the extra money for the unique colors, but Did It On 'Em was a regret for me.

In other news, look what came in the mail today!


I ordered this online and I'm really not even sure what brand of stamping plate this is, but it was cheap and works just fine for me. I'm gonna have so much fun with this, so stay tuned for some nail stamping manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment