Friday 22 June 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons + Neon Franken!

Happy Friday! Yesterday I found a three-pack of China Glaze neons at the usual place I go for nail polish. This is a longer post with lots of pictures after the jump.


First of all I really need to apologize for the ghastly state of my cuticles... working at the pool dries them out something awful and nothing seems to help them. Anyways, here we go!

All of these colors have a shimmer to them that I really love, and formulas that I had no problems with. All are shown with two coats with no base coat and one coat of Seche Vite. Overall, I love this part of the collection, and will probably be going back for the rest of them.

First is I'm With The Lifeguard. I was really surprised with how easily this went on, it was a dream compared to most other neons I've tried out.



This is Sun-Kissed. Pictures do this no justice, it's blinding in real life. I had to carefully apply to cover the nails in two coats, but for it being a yellow and a neon, I have no complaints. 



Here is Surfin' For Boys. This is a surprising favorite for me. It's probably a million times more neon in person,  I guess my camera couldn't process the amazing brightness of this.



And now, my second ever franken! I mixed Surfin' For Boys with Sun-Kissed to make this orange. 



I really love how it turned out, especially since this was my first franken...


Yuck. Lesson learned: never put clear flakies into a coloured franken. Especially not with micro glitter and bar glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment