Friday 6 July 2012

Essie Lilacism?

Hello fellow nail people! Sorry I haven't been around lately, been booked solid at work. At the drugstore, I found two versions of Essie Lilacism. The normal purple one is on the right, and then theres this strange blue version on the left.


Click Read More too see some more pics of this weird accident..




Two coats of the normal version are on all fingers but the ring finger, where the weird blue one is. They aren't hugely different, but as you can see the blue one bubbled like crazy. I actually like both colours quite a bit, I've always been a fan of Essie's soft ladylike shades. Besides the bubbling, both went on nicely, which is more than I can say for some of the newer shades. I know I'm not alone in noticing that lots of the new Essie's have had awful formulas.


I emailed Essie about this weird colour and they were very nice about it and got back to me quickly. They offered me a full refund which will be coming in the mail soon! In the meantime, I made the best of things by topping off my nails with a coat of Revlon Star, a purple mini glitter topcoat. This made the bubbling pretty much invisible.


And for jelly sandwich take two, I added a coat of OPI Care To Danse? from the NYC Ballet collection. I recently picked this up when I realized I had no sheer purples (gasp!)


Today I'm wearing the correct version of Lilacism with OPI Rainbow In The S-Kylie and Care To Danse? on top of that. Yay for the matte glitter effect!



No comments:

Post a Comment