Friday 2 November 2012

OPI Skyfall (James Bond) Collection Swatches

Hi everyone! I finally got my hands on some of the Skyfall collection OPI put out for the holiday 2012 season. After I heard some rumours of these polishes maybe being pulled off the shelves due to copyright issues, I figured I`d pick up the ones I liked pronto, just in case. 

This is a 3 pack with Skyfall, Goldeneye and The Spy Who Loved Me. It comes in plastic packaging with Bond Girl Severine on the front sporting an Adele-esque mani with Skyfall and Goldeneye. On the back were some nail art ideas, but I totally forgot to take a picture of those. 

All polishes had pretty much the same formula (really nice) and are pictured without a top coat.


Click Read More for a tonne of swatches and some bonus nail art!



Skyfall is a dark maroon creme that dries to a really nice, shiny finish.



GoldenEye is a really unique gold with large flakes. Three coats makes it perfectly opaque.



The Spy Who Loved Me is a gold-flecked fire engine red. The shimmer really catches the light in the sun. It was mostly opaque, but some nail line was still visible after two coats so I used three for the photos below.



I picked up three more polishes from the collection not in the trio that I just had to have anyways, so here they are:


Live and Let Die is described as a jet black by OPI, but it`s definitely a darkened green with some great shimmer. Here are two coats.



The glitter of the collection is called The Living Daylights, and has orange, silver and teal medium-sized hex glitter in a clear base. It`s a really neat mix of colours that I haven`t seen before, it reminds me of an indie glitter kind of! Here is one coat over Live and Let Die.



This is three thin coats of Tomorrow Never Dies, a shiny midnight purple. 



Bonus nail art: Skyfall with Goldeneye peeking out of the base. This is one of the looks shown on the back of the Get Bonded Trio, and I really love it!



Since The Man With The Golden Gun (the gold-leaf top coat) is quite a bit of money, I stopped by a craft store and got some gold leaf to make my own with! Here is my makeshift gold leaf topcoat over two coats of Essie Butler Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment